Papa Bear - we love you always

Papa Bear - we love you always

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Good Night Everyone!

Don't have much of an update tonight. Dad seemed to have a good day from what I have heard. I worked today.

His sisters, Deb and Pam came to visit. They got here about 4:00 today. And, they came with yummy ingredients for dinner tomorrow night! And, there was a card which had another gift in it. You guys are way too generous!!!! You know who you are!

Jill and Lauren got in some retail therapy (shopping for those of you that aren't familiar) tonight. I got over here tonight around 10:15. It was nice tonight to spend some time with my entire family all at home under the same roof with no where I HAD to be. It was nice to do those mundane boring things we take for granted like putting your screaming six year old in the shower or helping with spelling words. The message I have here is enjoy every minute. Granted, I should have used that time to go to the gym or get over here earlier but it was nice just to chill out at home with my kiddos. So, I'm trying not to spend time saying "I should have this or that." Last nigt I was home too but I ran everywhere and it just wasn't the same.

And most importantly I wanted to say that I could not do this without my wonderful husband. He is wonderful you know. To sit and stay with those kids and NEVER know when his wife is going to return. I love you dear!

Jill and Lauren are watching ELF and as ususal I am SUPPOSED to be getting ready for bed. Dad is all snuggled in and has all of his meds so hopefully he'll rest some tonight. However, we have to be careful not to make him feel bad for NOT sleeping and say well you should have slept more because he has never really been one to sleep long periods at a time even when he was well. He is doing what he NEEDS to do now and that is SO hard to remember because WE NEED to SLEEP.

We'll update more tomorrow.

Good night and God bless! Keep us close!

Stephanie

No comments:

Mike Bailey - Papa Bear