Papa Bear - we love you always

Papa Bear - we love you always

Friday, December 7, 2007

Waking up Dad.. and FOOOD :)

Lauren here...

It has been a pretty good afternoon. I actually read a few pages of a book for school.
Dad has been up since about 4 and he seems to be quite comfortable. He wanted to wake up so I got him some soda and ice. That wasn't good enough though... he wanted me to call and see about getting some drugs to wake him up... that didn't go anywhere. My idea was to go through his old Fraternity Scrapbook thing and talk about the pictures and various items. He was reluctant to try my idea at first but we did it anyways. But it is 7 now so something worked.. I primped him with a nice shave, face wash, and he got his hair did.
He ate some today. We started with apple sauce and jello.
Matt made some cinnamon toast and dad wanted some but the white toast seems to be sensitive to the toaster so it burned numerous times. To say the least dad did not get toast at that point.
Now I just made him some KRAFT (has to be Kraft) Mac n Cheese and a piece of carefully prepared cinnamon toast and he is eating it.. YAY!!!!
Matt is being Mr. Chef Boyardee and making homemade spanish rice and chicken enchiladas for dinner. As long as HE CLEANS IT UP.. we'll be friends. love you bubba
To report on school
I can take incompletes in my classes and finish them up over winter break and throughout next semester (on top of my other classes.. yay) I have amazing professors and I am so very glad I go to a small private school. As for graduating.. I'm just hoping the finances work out. I have expressed my concerns to my advisor and he had some encouraging things to say... I am a bit more at ease.. but still a little freaked out.
Dad was happy to hear about it..I know he wants to make sure I'm taken care of. I love my papa bear.
more later...

No comments:

Mike Bailey - Papa Bear