Papa Bear - we love you always

Papa Bear - we love you always

Monday, December 17, 2007

"I love smiling, smilings my favorite"

Lauren here..

Jill has a cold.. she is miserable and wearing a rather stylish surgical mask.. I got to experience that while dad was in the hospital .. yay... Matt went this morning and got her some medicine and she seems to be feeling better.

Dad just chilled out this morning. Had some toast and milk around 6am and just did his morning routine of watching the news on TV and reading the paper. Dad said he would try malt o meal again around 9... bleh.. had wheat toast w/ apple jelly instead, oh and don't assume he always wants milk with it.. :)
I watched The View with him and then we switched to HGTV.. I don't know if any of you watch HGTV but it SUCKS YOU IN...
Dad took a bit of nap today until wakened by the barks of Laddie.. Jill was not happy with Laddie.
Dad was a little anxious but he is better now. He had some mac n cheese and we got him comfy watching some more HGTV.
Jill and I got showered and somewhat ready for the day. Bout to take a trip to Fed-Ex and a few other places to try and get some christmas spirit going on in the house. (YAY we get to mark things off our often failed "to-do" list)
Mom is home taking care of business and Maggie is helping us all as usual.

1 comment:

Shirley Wilcox said...

Sweet Lauren, what a precious post. I saw part of The View this morning myself I love Whoopie - although she is a little rough around the edges. About HGTV: Duh, yes, it sucks you in. I've been addicted for years. At first when I was reading your post, I was thinking you were saying it "sucks" but I'm hoping you meant you are getting hooked. I know your dad enjoys it. He and I both have had conversations about "did you watch so and so on HGTV" etc.

Laddie definitely needs a muzzle sometimes. Yesterday she was so LOUD when she was barking! AND I was giggling on my way home last night thinking of Maggie and her shennanigans (sp?) with that thing she was pushing around last night! She is a hoot!

So sorry Jill is feeling puny. Ross just said he thought he was getting a cold. Bless her heart, hope she feels better soon. Might ought to get out the Ben Gay (in honor of Granny). But it was probably good to have the window open in your dad's room to chill out some of the germs even though Lauren you were freezing!

I cried tonight in the car listening to Christmas songs on 103.7. I love you all so much and am so sad to see you sad but blessed to see your love for your dad you love so much. I wish I could take your pain away.....

Aunt Shirley

Mike Bailey - Papa Bear