Papa Bear - we love you always

Papa Bear - we love you always

Monday, December 3, 2007

Melancholy Monday

I went to Mom and Dad's on Sunday afternoon and got home around 3:00 am from there. It is impossible to make yourself leave once you get there. To me, Dad goes back and forth between the worried parent as in one breath he is telling you to "Go to bed and get some sleep" and in the next breath he is asking "What are we going to do about this (usually his back and trying to get him comfortable)"? It is so tiring..... Kevin and the kids came over and Kevin and Mark helped put the lights up outside. Jill and Lauren went to see Enchanted with Hannah - trying to spread a little normal in our nightmare.



I am not there today but below is an update from Jill ......................



Dad had a piece of toast at 3:30 and a glass of milk. Lauren and I got in bed at 3 and dad called

me just as soon as I got settled. He didn't really ever say what he wanted but I think he wanted me to make sure Mom was in bed properly, and not sleeping in her clothes or contacts. Then he decided toast would be good. I went to make him toast and he was asleep when I got back but woke up and ate the toast.

I tried toast and eggs for breakfast, but he ate only one bite of the toast. He drank the milk though. We also tried the cresent rolls that he liked the other day, but he didn't want that either. I am going to make some mac and cheese and see if he goes for that. His appetite has almost disappeared and that saddens me so much.

He was in a better mood late last night and joking around. He was all business this morning, wanting to know what the plan for the day was. Lauren and I have a long list of things to do. Lauren is very worried and stressed about school. She has four classes to finish and a month and a half of work to do for each and a term paper and less than 2 weeks to do it. She is going to school on Tuesday and plans to meet with all of her professors again. There are also finals to consider. She has to finish at least 2 classes and will probably have to take incompletes in the others. She is very worried about finishing school and having the money to do it.

Work for me is fine. I went to sales conference and everyone was ridiculously understanding. I have a lot of catching up to do and and I am a little stressed today but my employers continue to amaze me at the compassion they have for this situation.

Dad is still in a serious mood so far today, but we are going to try and lighten him up some how.

I am off to make some mac and cheese. Wish me luck.

love you all.
jill

No comments:

Mike Bailey - Papa Bear