Papa Bear - we love you always

Papa Bear - we love you always

Friday, December 14, 2007

Wide Awake

1:30 am

That is what is happening tonight in the Bailey house.......... Jill, Lauren, Matt and I are ALL awake. That is so out of character because normally at 10:00 Matt is sound asleep and the rest of us are trying to get that way.

It seems that our bodies are tired but our minds are not. Who knows because it is now 1:30 am and I think that possibly Dad might even still be awake! For some reason when I was getting him situated tonight something went crazy with the oxygen thingy we have and now it is NOT working. I have NO idea what happened. Thankfully, it is not mission critical right now. I think it is though a worry to Dad. I hear voices coming from the direction of his room which is not a good sign................ you would think I would be falling over but I'm not tired. God is giving us what we need to get through this.........

He had a good visit today with his sisters. They made us a VERY yummy dinner and cleaned up the kitchen. There was complete silence as dinner was served because the food was so good everyone was eating and no one was talking! I don't even think the doggies got one bite (smile, sorrry Maggie!). Dad's visit with his sisters made him the old Dad and he was awake and funny. More awake than I've seen him in a while. Of course, it could have to do with the open window in his room and the 40 degree temperatures but anyhow, whatever works...........

I think at this point we are all one step away from some of our breaking points........ this is so hard..............

I'm going to get my PJs on and try and get some shut I before I go into a comma in front of this computer!

Keep us very, very close these next few days............

Stephanie

1 comment:

Shirley Wilcox said...

hi, everyone. Aunt Shirley here. I just read your post, Steph, and you ARE very very close to me and in my heart and close to the heart of God. He is giving you that strength. He will continue to give it to you. I am so so so very humbled by the way you are all taking care of your dad. You are giving the ultimate gift, yourself. Your bodies will heal and your heart will somehow heal, too. You are doing the very right thing and I am thankful you have each other. Your relationships will never be the same. I love you all so much...God bless and give you even more strength and courage...Aunt Shirley

Mike Bailey - Papa Bear