Papa Bear - we love you always

Papa Bear - we love you always

Monday, December 10, 2007

Fun and Frustrating at the same time

Stephanie here............ Sunday night................ Jill is back from Austin............. She seems rested....... Dad is having some toast and milk. We had dinner and the kitchen is clean (yeah!). Jill, Lauren and I were all in with Dad tonight and he was making jokes and saying funny things non stop. It was great to have some comic relief and see Dad laugh along with us. Such a relief from all of the seriousness and sad eyes that were there over the weekend.

A big thanks to my Aunt Shirley for coming and working her magic in the kitchen and other areas of the house. You do not know how much we APPRECIATE you taking time out of your Sunday to come do that for us. Hope you enjoyed your dinner at Saltgrass. Tell Ross we said Happy Birthday, with all of this going on, you seem to forget that there are others on the outside for which life goes on and is not all consumed with one peron's comfort.

The Christmas lights are on the house and the lights in the yard are finished I think. Mom will have to weigh in a final word on that. The Christmas tree is 60% decorated and I attempted to set out the Christmas houses today. Lauren will have to fluff my efforts.

I need to GO home but can't make myself. Tonight, when we were all in there we were talking and Dad said we needed to be quiet. I think all of the talking made him anxious and he wanted calm. But seriously, I need to talk to you Dad, because I just do and chatter is something we do normally. But hey, maybe Kevin is right and I do talk WAY too much sometimes.

It is almost 1:00 am. I need I think to work tomorrow. And, of course, I have not even talked to Kevin tonight so I have NO idea if he has anything early tomorrow.

Sorry for all of the ramblings..........

Here's hoping for a good restful night for all; however, Dad did take a 2 hour nap today. Hopefully that does not mean he will not sleep tonight.

1 comment:

Shirley Wilcox said...

Hi, all. I woke up before 4:00 a.m. so I just got up and made coffee. Thinking of you guys. I loved being with you yesterday. If I hadn't had to be somewhere I would have stayed till the tree was finished and then had a good ol cup of coffe from the new machine. Can't wait to see the tree. Shannon, you have the most wonderful ornament collection. I could have spent all day just looking at all of them up close and listening to the ones that have sound and music. Love all the Snoopys! Shannon, I immediately hung the ornament you gave me when I got home. I love you, sweet sis, and I know you are having a hard time controlling your emotions and trying to figure out how to handle your grief. Please, please let out what's inside and let your family hold you, too. You are suffering but please don't do it alone.

Steph, did I tell you yesterday how awesome you look? You haven't said but I KNOW you have lost a lot more weight! You go, girl! In a weak moment last week I ordered this TRAMPOLINE thingy over the internet and it should come today! I have GOT to be home before Ross so I can either hide it or get on it and start jumping! What was i thinking. BUT I am determined to make a place for it amongst the other unused exercise equipment. I need to lose 10% of my weight and quickly. Yeah, right. But, Steph, I did make a promise to you FIFTEEN MONTHS ago and I plan to keep it... -- you kept yours!

Lauren, I pray you can find the time to finish what you need to finish for school. I pray a huge span of time will open up and you can GETRDONE! Hey, feel free to come over to our house and spread out on the dining room table for a few hours or even more. Let me know. I'll be at the attorney's office tomorrow (Tuesday) all day. Jay is here today, day off, but that wouldn't matter.

Jill, glad you are back safe and sound. Hope you are rested. Love you so much.

Hope today is a good day, as good a day as can be with the unselfish love you are all giving to your dad. Someday, when you have the luxury of sleeping as long as you want, of going wherever you want, and of just doing nothing, you will be blessed and confident that you did all that you humanly could do for your precious papa bear. What you can't do, God will do, and it will all be enough.

Blessings to you. Hug your mom a little tighter this morning. Say a prayer over her as you hug her and feel how tight she holds on.

Hugshugshugshugsxoxoxoxoxoxox,
Aunt Shirley

Mike Bailey - Papa Bear